Thursday, September 14, 2006

AN END TO THE EGYPTIAN JOURNEY 21/7/04 – 30/9/06





Changing a course of life is tough for anyone, especially when moving places a couple of times. This was what I experienced throughout my life. Going to Egypt was one HECK of a journey...

I had already stayed in 4 different countries, mainly in the Arab region. I had by now seen everything this region could possibly offer….. Staying around there for more than 10 years?!!….

Egypt would be a piece of cake!!!



BUT, I was wrong after ALL, this venue was my miles more extraordinary than what I had anticipated. The people … the place… very unique…

I first arrived on the 21st of August 2004 at 1:00 a.m. Once the plane landed, I felt different and unhappy coz I had to settle in here. Looking at the airport itself made it worse. Not just that… Getting to know the culture was not an easy task.

Above all, I had to be acquainted with the people there and fit in with the society.

You want Taxi!!! a guy asked me after coming out of the airport...
WELL... after lookin at his taxi... I would say they were quite ODD… one of a kind… not what u expect to see in KL....
I felt like I was back in the 1950’s or so…hahaha!!!!
then 3 or 4 more taxi driver’s started offering
me a ride… with a decent charge.

"you can see what i mean"




But.... thankfully!! I had a RIDE; my father’s office driver was coming by to pick us up.

I stayed in the Marriott Hotel for the next few weeks… decided to take it one day at a time… still shocked from what I saw around me….

As months past by… then years…. I began schooling there… and got to know the people around there… visiting the pyramids … riding on CAMELS… hahaha!!! … learning the language… I had a lot of fun… made some new friends…. Really nice people which I will clearly miss….






















Hope to meet them again in the future…


WELL… although stayin here only for 2 years… I felt like this was a place to return someday…2 years on... I learnt a lot from this experience… one of that was that

I should not judge the place by its exterior (cover)… (like I did with the taxi) haha!! BUT I should judge it from whats inside… (the ppl)

Despite saying all this…… there is ONE aspect which I will clearly not miss when I leave Egypt… and this is the unwillingness of the ppl to….
CLEAN UP THE STREETS PROPERLY!!!!!! Hahaha!!!


ADIOS>>> GOOD-BYE EGYPT!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahah,i'll write lik tis one day.the day tat i'll b leaving egypt for good~ =)